The Daily Beast took Facebook through some experiments. Turns out, Facebook pretty much sucks for new people.
The Daily Beast’s one-month experiment into Facebook’s news feed yielded the following discoveries:
* A bias against newcomers
* “Most Recent” doesn’t tell the whole story.
* Links are favored over status updates, and photos and videos trump links.
* “Stalking” your friends won’t get you noticed.
* Raise your visibility by getting people to comment.
* It’s hard to get the attention of “popular kids.”